Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31days // Tunes for Tuesday

Actually, it's just one tune. But "Tunes for Tuesday" has quite a ring to it, right? 

This 31days series is just the beginning of something the Lord is doing in my life. There's no doubt in my mind that He's after my purity, that He is fighting to restore my mind and my heart where my own flesh and lies have distorted things. It's sweet, really. When you can tangibly feel that the Lord is after your heart? There's nothing better. 

I've heard this song many times, but lately, it's been speaking to me in a whole new light. 


Hallelujah, we are free to struggle. 
We're not struggling to be free. 

Those lyrics, they get me every time. We are free to struggle, but we're not struggling to be free. You are free, friend!! That habit you've been stuck in for forever, you can break it! I don't care how engrained it is, I know that you can be set free. And I only know that because of my own life, because of my own engrained habits that are now nothing but a memory.

I pray that this song blesses you today, friends. 

Love you all!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so surprised I haven't heard this song yet! But it's safe to say I loved it! Those lyrics are such a wonderful reminder that we're free in Christ. Thanks for sharing, love!

Kiki said...

I've heard this song here and there on the radio but haven't really listened to the words until now. I love Tenth Avenue North and am so happy you shared it. Knowing and being reminded that I'm free to struggle is such a comfort--and such a great perspective to have. :)

Miss.AishaLC said...

Love this song :)

And love tenth ave north!

Miss.AishaLC said...

Would you like to exchange buttons?? I would love to!