Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, October 25, 2013

31days // Truth for Thursday, I mean Friday

I posted an Ask Anything post this past weekend, and my sweet friend Julie asked a great question about scripture. She asked what my favorite verses were on purity, and I'd love to share one with you today. 

This is written on my wall at work, and I think it is one of my all time favorite verses. 


There are so many things that I love about this verse. The first is how it states "since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses," because that statement is oh, so true. 

I am surrounded by witnesses. You are surrounded by witnesses. We all are surrounded by witnesses, every single day. Whether we like it or not, we truly are a representation of Jesus Christ here on earth. We are His church, His peeps. If we don't represent Him, who will? 

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles," that, right there, summarizes the pursuit of purity. Throw that sin off, it doesn't belong here! We are no longer slaves to anything. We are free children of God, time to start living like them!

"And let us run with perseverance the race marked out before us." My Bible uses the word endurance, and I just love having that reminder. The Christian walk is not easy, pursuing purity can be quite counter intuitive. It takes perseverance, and requires endurance, the Bible confirms it!

I just love this verse so much. And I pray that it blesses you today!

Happy Friday, loves! If you've got something you want to hear about in the last days of this series, feel free to ask a question over here!

2 comments:

katie_shannon said...

Love this Amy!

. said...

Love it!!! i love how you explained what every sentence means. usually when i read a quote or psalm, i have to ask my brother to interpret for me, LOL!