Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31days // The Disclaimer



Before I dive into it, I wanted to say a few things first. A few things that are heavy on my heart, things that I want you to know. 

I want to say, and truly emphasize, that there is no condemnation here. There isn't, no matter what you've walked through or what you are currently walking through. No matter what your views are on the issues I dive into this month, you are welcome here without shame. That's just how Jesus works, He's not about condemnation or shame. He's all about grace and love, and that's how it's going to be here. 

I want to say that I am no expert on this issue. I am not here to argue what's right or wrong, I'm simply here to share what I have experienced in my life. I'm here to talk about the road that I've walked, and the ways that my heart has been affected as a result. 

I'm here to smile with the biggest smile my face has ever seen, and shout with joy that I am happier than I've ever been before. And please don't interpret that to mean that I used to be unhappy, although I would say that at times, that was the case. But really, the reason my heart is happier and healthier than it's ever been before is because I've finally got it on the path that it always wanted to find: the path to purity. 

And that path is not always a straight shoot forward; as a matter of fact, it rarely is. There are missteps, trips, stumbles and falls. But for every misstep, there is a stride forward. For ever trip or stumble, there is the defining moment of getting back up again to keep on trekking. For every fall, there is the incredible feeling of a leap, a leap that only comes from Jesus Himself changing my heart to help me along my way. 

Some may wonder why I share so vulnerably on here. Or why I share pictures of everything and anything on my Instagram account. And while both questions may seem different, they have the same response. Because I am passionate about sharing my life. Why? 


That's all for today, folks. Happy Humpday!

8 comments:

. said...

You have every right to post what you want. It's your blog and you have the freedom to blog about what makes you happy, sad, wonder... Etc. you are such an inspiration, Amy. Keep going! :D

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

You rock girl!!! Love you girl! =D

Leah said...

yes, yes. no condemnation. love it!

Rachel said...

That things about sharing the gospel by sharing your life?? I think that's the #1 best way to go about it.

Tabitha said...

YUP. Share it, lady.

Shannon Q. said...

Excited, excited, EXCITED!!!

Julie said...

This post right here made my heart smile. You have the most beautiful soul I've ever known, Amy. I am blessed by your posts everyday and I know this series will bless me even more! What you said about sharing the gospel through sharing life? That is seriously my blogging motto finally put into words! I just want to glorify God with every single bit of what I share on here <3

Alesha said...

Amy! You put into words the question of the whole Instagram thing so well. I haven't been able to quite express it myself and now I feel like I can! =D This was an amazing post! So excited to follow along with you this month...and any month...but you know what I mean! ;-)
Alesha <3