Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Sunday, October 13, 2013

31days // All Things

I ran a half marathon today. 



I finished 5 minutes slower than my last one, and while some may be disappointed with that, I was the exact opposite. I was ecstatic, shocked, and thrilled. 

I talked a little bit about it here, but I've been in a bit of a running funk lately. Anything over 5 miles just wasn't sounding appealing, which made it quite difficult to train for a half marathon. So to be brutally honest, I just kind of didn't. The most I ran before the race was 7.5 miles, which is juuust over half of the full 13.1. 

Running this race, the one thing that kept going over and over through my mind was this:


So what does this have to do with purity? After all, this is 31 days on purity, right? 

Sometimes, pursuing purity can feel like a race. Sometimes, it can get tiring and discouraging and lonely. Sometimes, you can pull a Paul in Romans 7, and be shocked to find yourself doing things that you know you don't want to be doing. 

Remember this verse, friends. It's not through our own strength that we are pure. It's through Christ, and His strength. Grab hold of that when it feels like yours is failing. 

Happy Sunday, loves! Hope yours is a great one. 

3 comments:

. said...

See? i told ya you can do it! Just trust God. Congratulations, my friend. :)

Susannah said...

Wow, girl!!! Congratulations! That's a wonderful accomplishment! :-)

Pamela said...

you are so amaaaazing!