Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Rundown

This weekend was a great one. 

Any time I get to add some family time into my life, I'm a happy camper. This Friday, I drove down to LA to stay the night with my Aunt and Uncle. Friday night was spent full of the best kind of conversations. 

You know, the kind that goes beyond just your average catching up sessions. The kind that goes beyond the surface level "I'm good, how are you?"

The kind where shit gets real

But luckily, with how well life is going right now, I mean real in a good way :) I stayed up wayyy past my normal bed time talking with my Aunt and Cousin. We talked about pretty much everything. 

Relationships

Jobs

Friends

Family

Faith

& Math

A little thrown off by that last one? Yeah, my cousin is a math major (and in case you're new around here, I was one too!). 

After not nearly enough sleep, Saturday was greeted with more family. I was so glad that I got to see my Mom, brother and sister (who drove up for Mike to take a placement test at La Verne. Can't believe he's starting college so soon!), and my other Aunt, Uncle and Grandma. 

I failed and left my camera's battery plugged into the wall, and my memory card plugged into my computer {Blogger fail}, so here are the two pictures from the afternoon:



It was a much needed family reunion. 

But I will admit, for the first time, I think I left feeling more homesick than when I came. What can I say, I love these people. When I'm with them, it's like everything makes sense. Being surrounded by people who I know unconditionally love me no matter what? Well, that's the best

After saying goodbye, I drove back to SB just in time to watch the Lakers lose with some coworkers. 

In case you missed it during my Boston recap, I'm sort of a Celtics fan:


Sunday, I got to volunteer with the babies at church. I've been wanting to start volunteering for some time now, so it was exciting to get to start. 

I also took a yoga class for the first time in a while. My knee has been hurting when I run, so I'm trying out yoga to increase stretching and flexibility. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

The weekend ended with this delicious rhubarb crisp made by Carly:


Keep in mind that this crisp was made before yesterday's Fit Club post, so you don't get to judge that I had 2 servings with ice cream. 

Does it make it any better that the ice cream was low fat?

Well, either way, it was delicious and I enjoyed every.single.calorie. 

I hope you had a great weekend, as well! Tell me about it, will ya?


4 comments:

Shawn said...

A math major? Seriously you are too cute for that, I never would have guessed. Want to come tutor my girtls? I resorted to YouTube videos when my youngest was doing math WAY over my head in the 4th grade. If it's not calcualting the doscount off of my purchase I'm dead!

Nothing beats quality family time unless its quality family time with that delicious rhubarb crusty thing...oh my heavens!

Thanks for linking up with us!

Impulsive Addict said...

Tell Shawn to shut it! I was a math teacher. I LOVE math! I would totally talk math with you. Family time is great, isn't it? I'm so lucky that I get to spend so much time with my family.

I think I saw that crisp on instagram, didn't I? It looks delish. I never bake anything good anymore. I miss baking but I just always tell myself I don't need it. =(

Thanks for linking up my dear! xoxo

Stacy Uncorked said...

Family is the best, isn't it? I can't wait for our visit to my family in the Seattle area in a few weeks...it'll be a lonnnnnng drive, but so worth it. And I'll probably be in the same mode you were that I'll be homesick the minute we're heading back to PA.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in leaving the battery plugged into the wall and the memory card in my laptop...been there, done that! :)

Ohhhh! That rhubarb crisp looks SO YUMMY! Definitely worth every calorie. ;)


Field Trip Fun-ish, Future Nagging Guest Blogger, Angry Birds Take On Stonehenge

Daisy said...

Sounds like you had a great time, catching up with family is always so much fun!
Loving the top you are wearing, very cute!