Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Let's Start Over

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to spend time with the amazing women of my church, Reality. I cannot even begin to express how refreshing it was to spend time with the Lord. So before I try to, here are some pictures that may help me out a little:










So now that it's clear how gorgeous the weekend was, let's get to the good stuff. 

This weekend completely blew me away. 

I was inspired, convicted, overwhelmed. I laughed, I cried, I worshiped. I grew closer to good friends, and made new ones. But most importantly, I fell more in love with my Savior. 

I feel like sometimes, I'm scared to use words like "Savior," "Lord," and if I'm being entirely honest with myself, sometimes I'm even hesitant to say the word "Jesus." I feel like people will be weirded out, judge me, label me a "Jesus freak." 

But you know what I realized this weekend?

I am a Jesus freak.

I love the Lord. 

I love my Savior. 

He is my best friend, my everything, so this whole being nervous to talk about Him thing? Being embarrassed of Him thing? Well that needs to stop. 

Now. 

So allow me to properly introduce myself. 

Hi, my name is Amy. 

I am 22 almost 23, let's not talk about it years old. 

I like food. A lot. 

I also like drinking wine. A lot. 

I'm very happily single. 

I have enough embarrassing stories to fill a novel. 

I collect movie ticket stubs. 

I cry during chick flicks. 

I cover my ears during scary movies. 

I once peed in my pants at my work place. 

{That's just to prove that my embarrassing story filled novel would be worth reading}

And I, am a Jesus freak.

Life Linkup

2 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

so proud of you're willingness to examine yourself and make changes where you see necessary! That's not easy. Love ya girl! I'm glad you had such an awesome time!

Katharine said...

hi! visiting from Kerrie's link up :) And I'm glad I did. I love your blog. And I just admire your heart for Jesus as you have written in this post.

thanks for sharing. I'm definitely following your blog.

-- kat

katharine-detros.blogspot.com