Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

99

I've seen this floating around Blogland, so I thought I'd give it a try. Bold things are things I've done. I'm thinking I might come back to this list over time to see if I can cross some of these babies off. 


For now, here you go:


1. Started your own blog
Check!

2. Slept under the stars
Pretty sure I slept in a blow up jumper once {I was young, don't judge my lack of certainty}. 

3. Played in a band
Always wanted to though.

4. Visited Hawaii
Read about one trip here.

5. Watched a meteor shower
Junior year of college.

6. Given more than you could afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland
Advantage to living in SoCal, been many times.

High school senior trip
Freshman year of college

8. Climbed a mountain
Was gonna say Big Bear Mountain, but realized I drove up that one.

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo
Totally sang Peter Pan's "I won't grow up." I wish I had video footage, it'd be all over this blog.

11. Bungee jumped
I feel like I have to do this at some point.

12. Visited Paris
I definitely have to do this at some point.

13. Watched a lightening storm

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
I used to play piano by ear. And I mean like 2 songs that were not difficult, but counts, right?

15. Adopted a child
Maybe one day...

16. Had food poisoning
Fun stuff.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
But I have been there! We took the lazy, ride a boat around the statue, option.

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked
But I have picked up a hitch hiker! That was Mom and Dad's call. In Hawaii. Not sketch at all.

23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
Totally got caught too. Cried the whole time when I was in line for a ride at Sea World.

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb
But I have held a baby cow!

26. Gone skinny dipping
Scandalous.

27. Run a marathon
Hopefully one day! Gotta get through this 10K first.

28. Ridden in a gondala in Venice
I really need to get out of the country to start checking some of these off.

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
The fam loves trying to spot the green flash at sunset.

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise
Doing this soon, for sure.

33. Seen Niagra Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Hopefully going to Israel next summer to start this traveling tradition.

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language
Totally spoke Gibberish in Elementary School. All the cool kids did it. I still can.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
Honestly? Right now, I am truly satisfied with how much money I have.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
See my comment to #28.

39. Gone rock climbing
I used to be way better at it, now I kind of suck.

Grad Night

40. Seen Michelangelo's David

41. Sung karaoke
Kind of one of my callings. Hence the Peter Pan solo mentioned earlier.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
Read about one time here.

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted
I had my portrait drawn at Sea World once, does that count?

48. Gone deep sea fishing

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
This is really rubbing it in that I haven't traveled enough :(

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
Read last comment.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
Both, but scuba diving was only in a pool. Super cool, I know.

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud
There's a super cute pic of us neighbors playing in the mud as babies/toddlers. Maybe I'll dig it up sometime, but pretty sure I'm only in a diaper. Almost as scandalous as skinny dipping.

54. Gone to a drive in theater
Love the drive in!

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business
Started a neighborhood tattoo business with gelly roll pens. Anyone remember those? We got hired to do a birthday party, so totally counts.

58. Taken a martial arts class
Got pretty far in the belt system too, ballerrr.

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies
But I was in Girl Scouts for like a week.

62. Gone whale watching
This question still depresses me because my brother had a whale watching birthday party, and I was told that there wasn't enough room on the boat for me to go. But they totally didn't see any whales. Ha, Karma!

63. Got flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
Kind of getting over my fear of needles, so I feel like it's time to cross this off the list

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check
Whoops.

68. Flown in a helicopter
In Hawaii, with the fam.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten caviar
The first time I did it was on accident. Definitely was scarred for a while.

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square
I actually might have when I was in New York, but it was so long ago that I can't really remember :(

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the changing of the guards in London

77. Broken a bone

78. Been a passenger on a motor cycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
But I need to go back to appreciate it more.

80. Published a book
I would love to do this.

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem
Maybe next summer!

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
Not by choice!

86. Visited the white house

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone's live
One time I rescued a kid in the ocean, I feel like that's the closest I'm gonna get on this one.

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club

93. Got a tattoo

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone
Shocking, I know.

99. Been stung by a bee

Whew, did you make it? There you have it, 99 things that I have {or in a lot of cases, have not} done. Hope you know me a little better now.


Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

haha fun reading all that :) Maybe I'll join in this weekend

Laura Darling said...

This is fun! I feel like I need to get busy after reading this list!

Lovelyladyjb said...

I like this idea... I don't know if I could check off as many as you!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this! You are so cute haha. I am honored to have been a part of quite a few of these, and even more excited to be part of some of the plans to tackle the next few!! LOVE YOU! - kacey

Daisy said...

Oh I love it, doing this myself tomorrow! I already feel there is a lot I didn't do yet...