Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Boston - In Words

Are you sick of my Boston posts yet? 

Sorry, the trip was just that good. It needed a post per day. 

I promise I'll move on after this {I've got Birchbox and recipe posts to catch up on} but before I do, a few words on this trip. 

Because pictures can capture some things, but not all. 

I asked God to rock my world on this trip. I wanted to really witness him. One thing that I've learned recently, is that I need to expect that God will answer my prayers. 

He promises that if it is in accordance with His will {which is pretty simple, he loves us and wants the best for us} then he will answer our prayers. Period.

So I've been working on that. Praying with confidence. Or really, just having confidence in my faith altogether. Hence why I asked God to rock my world. I was basically asking him to reassure me. 

And he did. 

I felt Him with me on this trip. I felt Him teaching me. Molding me into the person that he designed me to be. 

The last night of the trip, only 2 of us were still in our hotel room. One girl had left a day early, and the other was surprised with a separate room for her and her husband {too cute!}.

After an amazing Red Sox game, and a night out with good friends, the two of us chatted before bed. 

It was late, and I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we were exhausted after minimal sleep on the trip. But we stayed up. And I was blessed with probably definitely my best conversation of the entire trip {and there were lots of amazing convos}.

I have been really wondering how I can encourage others to believe in God when there is so much bad in our world. I get that. I get that it's hard. I get that you want to believe that there can't be a God who would let bad things happen to good people. 

My roommate is my age, and has been diagnosed and beaten cancer 4 times. 

4. 

She has had two bone marrow transplants. I have yet to even break a bone. 

I asked her, how do you believe in God, encourage others even, when faced with the circumstances that you've been dealt. 

And she began to tell me her testimony. 

I joked that I was going to take notes, so that I could share this with others when trying to explain how faith is possible {I would venture to say necessary, even} when facing desperate times. 

About two sentences into her testimony, I realized that I didn't need to take notes. 

Because this conversation wasn't for others. 

This conversation was for me. 

I needed the reassurance. 

I needed to hear evidence of how my amazing Savior has shown His love. 

2012 has been a year full of love. The best kind of love, God's love. The kind that can never, ever fail me. 

I fell so much deeper in love with Jesus on this trip, and I know the best way to witness, is to stop worrying about words. 

And to just let Him show His perfect love through me. 

I am so privileged and humbled to be a part of His plan.

And there you have it folks, my Boston recap. You made it {or did you?}

I sincerely apologize for blowing up your Instagrams. But hey, some of these pictures were just too cute not to share. 




Oh, Boston. How I love you.

1 comment:

Kerrie Williams said...

so awesome! I'm just catching up since I was out of town :)