Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, May 18, 2012

Birchbox Galore!

Happy Friday!

Or rather, Happy Birchbox Friday! 

To see other Birchbox posts, go here.

Today, I have my April Birchbox to review, and my May Birchbox to reveal. Let's start with the review, shall we?


Not A Fan:

Another month without anything that I wasn't a fan of. Good work, Birchbox!

Indifferent: 

I was indifferent towards a few different items in this month's box. First, I was indifferent towards #2, the amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask. I maybe noticed a slight difference in my hair when I tried this product, but in all honesty, not enough of a difference to spend $40 on it. {I guess I'm kind of cheap when it comes to hair supplies?}.

I was also indifferent towards #3, Wonderstruck perfume, by Taylor Swift. I will say that I love getting perfume samples {they especially came in handy when traveling and I'm restricted to liquids under 4 oz}. But, kind of like with the shampoo, I don't know if I'd ever be down to spend $60 on perfume. Especially when I can get my fave, Heavenly, for way cheaper from Victoria's Secret. 

I liked: 

I liked #1, Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer. Using this sample made me realize how much I like moisturizer, I can definitely see myself investing in some. But, I think I would do some price comparing before spending $30. 

Boy, am I making myself sound cheap, or what?

I loved: 

I loved #4, dropps Laundry Detergent and #5, Zoya TRUE Spring Collection. As for the laundry detergent, it was really exciting to get something new and different in my Birchbox. A full sized dropps package is only $6, and will supply you with 20 loads worth of detergent. Honestly, I don't really know how that compares with normal detergent {flash forward however many years when I'm the housewife doing everyone and their mother's [literally] laundry, and I'm sure I will know}, but $6 sounds pretty good to me. 

And the nail polish? Well, I'm always a fan of new colors. 


And now, for the May Birchbox reveal:


1. stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

2. SHU UEMURA Cleansing Oil Shampoo

3. Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum

4. Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow

Not pictured: Birchbox Notecard

I can already say that I am a huge fan of the fact that I got a full-sized liquid eyeliner. Score!

And that's all the Birchbox news that I have for you today, folks. Have yourself a wonderful, wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

May's Birchbox was a good one!! We got different stuff than you but were still very happy. It's always hit or miss.
Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Megan said...

Love that nail color!! I so need to sign up for this!!