Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Randoms

So, in case you haven't noticed, a lot of my past Monday posts have been drop in posts. 

Here's 1 or 2 pics from my weekend, and I'll be back for a real recap tomorrow posts. 

Mainly, that's because I've been traveling a lot these past few months, so I'm usually not getting home until super late on Sunday night. But, I've missed blogging so much over the weekend, that I just have to stop in for a quick post. 

Which is exactly what's happening right now, at 12:31AM Monday morning. 

So, I'm starting a Monday Randoms series. Maybe I'll stick with it, maybe I won't. But here goes nothing:

1. I finished this book this weekend:


Loved it. I'll be honest, it was a bit intense. One of the most emotionally-riveting (there's a possibility I just made that word/phrase up) books I've ever read, and knowing it was a true story made it all the more intense. 

But I couldn't put it down. The story really got to me. It amazed me to see just how much we, as humans, can endure. And it also made me realize how blessed I am, and how sheltered. 

Could I have lived through what this man lived through? 

Fortunately, I will probably never know the answer to that question. But it makes you think. 

I also loved the portion of the book that was about faith. The transforming love of Christ was definitely glorified through this story. 

Amen to that

To see more books that I've read this year, go here.

2. So I mentioned that I just got home from another weekend adventure. This one not as crazy as the last one, which is great because the relaxation was much needed. I went home to San Diego for the weekend, and I've got plenty of pics to share. 

We celebrated the anniversary of a pretty important day for our fam. I'll let you take a guess. 


3. I have another short work week ahead of me (actually, 2 more). 

You guessed it, more travelling. 

I swear, after these next 2 weekends, I will be chaining myself to my bed for some serious Santa Barbara time. 

But before that, I have a long-awaited reunion planned with these two:


And I'll be meeting a 6 month old baby that I can't believe I haven't met yet. You can bet that I'll be taking lots of pics to add some baby cute-ness to this blog of mine. 

4. So far, I'm 3/3 on the Photo A Day June challenge. Score. 

5. It is now 12:58AM, and how it took me almost 30 minutes to write these 5 random things, I have no idea. 

Good night friends!

2 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

I know how ya feel girl! There are times when I feel like I'm just never home! I'm going to have to check out that book, too, I love Seabiscuit, so I'm sure I would like it.

Megan said...

Ohhh, I am going to have to find that book on my Kindle. I love books that make me think and want to search even deeper for the Lord. I just read a book that left me thinking the same thing, could I even live through something like that?!