Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Saturday, June 16, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTI!!!

In case you didn't catch it from this post, we celebrated not one, but two birthdays this week. 

You've probably seen this girl on the blog oh, maybe once or twice. 

Or, maybe in just about every other post. 

It's probably closer to the second one. 

Kristi and I met fall quarter freshman year, aka almost 5 years ago {crazy!}.



I honestly can't even begin to describe our friendship. I have been blessed with so many amazing friends, but my friendship with Kristi?

It just works. 

She's the first person I call. Always. 

When I did something so embarrassing that I sort of want to cry on the inside, I call Kristi. And we always have a good laugh about it. 

When something so intense is happening that I'm crying so hard that I can't even understand the words that are coming out of my own mouth, I call Kristi. And she finds a way to interpret what I'm saying. 


You know how you don't pick your family, but you love em anyway? Even through the differences, and the things you don't see eye to eye on?

That's the only way I can think to explain how strong and unique our friendship is. We met when we were such baby freshmen, just trying to make friends. And the more we got to know each other, I feel like the more we realized how different we are. 

But it just works. 

And I am so thankful that it does. Because I can honestly say I don't know what I'd do without her. 


Alright, enough with the sappy stuff. 

Reasons why I love Kristi:

1. Because we always have a fun time together. No matter what we're doing. 


Oh, whoops. Wrong picture. 


2. Because we both love to bake/eat.





3. Because we make an amazing beer pong team.



4. Because she has truly taught me how to take a good picture. 





5. Because... well actually I can't think of a way to phrase this. But basically I just want to throw in a bunch of pictures of our various costumes through out the years. 

Power Rangers
We dressed up as our guys friends for Halloween
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
80s
Care Bears
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (again)
6. Because after a few drinks she really enjoys or at least tolerates being hugged. 




7. Because when I get homesick, and San Diego is too far away, she shares her family with me. 



8. And probably most importantly, because we just look good together in photos. 








But really, inserting one last serious comment here, she is the most amazing friend that I ever could have asked for. I am thankful for our friendship every.single.day.

Cheers to that. 


Oh, and I guess cheers to her birthday.


I love you, Kristi. Thanks for being you. And for always being there for me.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

What a lovely post. You do seem to have a lot of fun together!
beer pong team, hahaha.

Unknown said...

We're not sure who's idea it was to bring back these AF1's with the see through sections, but we have a feeling that it's either gonna Nike Roshe Run Suede Black be a hit or miss for Nike when they release. One thing that they have nike roshe mens going for them is that they contain the logo of one of the best and most exciting players in the game today.There has been two colorways created of this Air Force 1 Low CMFT, one to represent Kyrie's past (Duke Blue Devils) and one to represent his present (Cleveland Cavaliers). The Duke pair uses a reflective grey upper with royal blue accents Nike Roshe Mens on the Swoosh, heel tab and outsole. The Cavaliers colorway keeps it a little more simple by using the team colors of black, red and yellow.