Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Blogger 411 Link Up!

Time for a good link up!

I'm so excited to be linking up with Becky, over at From Mrs. to Mama. I've picked some of my fav questions to answer, so here we go:

How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

Kind of crazy, but I've been blogging for almost exactly 1 year. It does not feel that long at all. I started reading blogs when I started following my friend Alycia over at Crowley Party. Alycia and I worked together way back in the day, and I had so much fun keep up with her via her blog. As I started following other blogs {I was definitely that follower that doesn't officially follow, but checks in every day}, I finally decided I wanted to start one of my own. 

When my best friend Kacey started a blog of her adventures in Spain, I decided to take the leap and start blogging about my post-college life in Santa Barbara. The theme of my blog hasn't exactly changed, but I will say that I think it took me a while to develop my writing voice. And I think that's probably still a work in progress. 

 Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? 

I am proud to say that I'm a Gaucho, or a UCSB Alum. 


I studied Math and Economics. It was the perfect major for me, and fortunately, there was a combined major at UCSB. {No double majoring for me!}

What is your drink of choice; wine, beer or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

This one definitely varies with my mood, but it's always either wine or beer. Right now, I would say one of my favorite drinks is hard cider {Yummm}. When I first started college, I hated both wine and beer. I was one of those No thanks, I don't drink beer girls. 

Ha, that changed quick. 

Non-alcoholic wise, definitely a water girl. I'll get legit cravings for a cold water bottle. Love me some ice-cold water. 

What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

My favorite way to spend me time right now is on the elliptical, with a good book. It's not the most intense work out, but I get to do two things that I enjoy at the same time: get some exercise, and catch up on some reading. 

Plus, I swear the time goes by so much faster. I feel like I could stay on that thing for hours. Win.

Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

I have way too many embarrassing moments to choose from, but the one that takes the cake would probably be when I peed my pants at work. 

Yupp, you read that right. I worked at a child care center, and once another girl and I were tag teaming a diaper change. The kid started peeing and squirming everywhere, and so the two of us started laughing. Hard. 

Pretty sure I already had to go to the bathroom, and it became apparent pretty quickly that this laughing thing wasn't going to work out for me. So I made a run for it. 

I didn't make it. 

I'd like to say I covered it up well with the go-to lady excuse of I got my period, but no. I wasn't that quick on my feet. 

The good news? I got to go home early. {Next time you want to leave early, just pee your pants. All the cool kids do it.}

The bad news? Well, it took a looong time for another story to top mine. {I'm not sure one has yet.}

Oh, and I'd like to say this is the only time this has happened to me. 

It's not. I'm kind of known for it. I'm glad I let that out in the open. I feel like we just got a whole lot closer. 

What are the jobs that you had in high school/college/the early years?

Well, now you know that I worked at a child care center in high school:


I worked here when I came home to visit from college too, and this is where I met Alycia!

My college job was at Kmart. 
I was a supervisor. I know you're really, really jealous right now. 

Show us a picture from high school or college. 

Can I do both? Okay, cool.

High school:

Senior year

The Kacey that I mentioned earlier, she's up there in the middle. So glad that I am still close with all of these people, love them so much.

College:

Summer between Junior and Senior year

This was our elevator pic {that took 3 attempts} from our first post 21 Vegas trip. 

Pretty sure we've tried to recreate this multiple times. 

Pretty sure we have yet to succeed. 

If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? 

Italy. Hands down. 

Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.


Me, my brother and sister at Mike's graduation lunch. 2 down, Mom and Dad, 1 to go. 

Where do you see your life 5 years from now? 

I almost didn't answer this one, because it's kind of a tough one. I think the next 5 years are going to be big ones, and I'm so excited for them. 

Ideal situation? I would love to meet my husband in the next 5 years, and hopefully move closer to my family {San Diego's been calling me back for a while now}.

But, in all honesty, I know that where ever I am, I will be happy with good friends and a good church. 

And maybe some wine. But just a few glasses. 

XO

7 comments:

Mosby Hardin said...

I love working out and doing something else. Usually I am able to watch tv or something! I'm with you, the time definitely goes by much faster that way!

Unknown said...

Super cute blog girl! Oh I want to go to Italy too! So many amazing sites to see. Its totally on my Bucket List.

Sacha♥ said...

love your photos... awesome blog :D

Sacha xoxo

Sacha's Saucy Snippets....xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LOL Love the story about peeing your pants, and love that you were willing to share it! Hehe.

Also that picture of you and your brother and sister is so cute!

New follower here! :)

Linnea said...

The story about you peeing your pants is so funny. I have a sister who is 14 years younger than me. What's the age difference between you and your sis?

Larissa @ Living in Color | A Lifestyle Blog said...

Hello! I just came across your blog! I'm a CA native and I LOVE Santa Barbara :) so jealous that you get to live there! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
xo, elle from Living in Color.

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

Just stumbled across your blog & i'm hooked already! Seems as though our sense of humor is pretty similar! And I seriously LOOOVED your pee story. I mean, who HASN'T done that.... not like I have or anything... I used to be like you in college with the beer (definitely not the wine.) But, now I'll drink anything with alcohol in it. And I love a cold beer on a hot summer day!