Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thankful

I'm not gonna lie, there's been a few stressful points in the last few weeks. 

It's like the Lord is reminding me that things aren't always going to be awesome and wonderful (because these past few months, for the most part, have been just that), but I need to give thanks and worship Him even when things get rough. 

No, there hasn't been anything terrible that's happened. And praise God for that! But the moments of stress help me realize how much I have to be thankful for. 

Like these people:







There are so many more of you, and I hope all of you know just how thankful I am for you. I'm trying to say it more these days, because people deserve to know that they're appreciated. And they should be told when they're doing a good job, and my friends do a pretty dang good job of being there for me. 

I thank God for these people. 

Each and every day. 

Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4: 6-7

And not to ruin the sappy mood or anything, but these days, I also thank God for cooking. So come back for part 2 of recipe week later today, will ya?

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Friends are one of the greatest gifts ever!
They get you through the good and the bad, a wonderful thing to be thankful for!
Lovely post Amy!