Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Recipe!

It's Saturday! The best day. No work, and you have an entire day of weekend ahead of you. 

Like I said, the best

Just wanted to stop in with a quick recipe from last night. Mexican is a definite favorite at our house, but a good quality Mexican meal usually comes with a hefty amount of calories. 

And you know what, they're usually worth it! What can I say, I love my Mexican food. But good news, I've found a recipe that's healthy and delicious. 

Of course I have to share:


Ingredients:

Cooking spray
1 (8oz) package presliced mushrooms
2 cups refrigerated meatless fat-free crumbles (such as Lightlife Smart Ground)
2 teaspoons 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning
1 (8oz) package shredded iceberg lettuce
Preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend
16 light-restaurant style tortilla chips
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic

Directions:

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add crumbles and taco seasoning. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; set aside. 


2. Combine cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and garlic. Stir well with a whisk. 

3. Layer lettuce and crumbles mixture evenly on each of 4 plates. Drizzle evenly with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette. Top with cheese. Serve each salad with tortilla chips. 

Per Serving (Yields 4 servings):

267 Calories
19g Fat
11.8g Protein
17.0 Carbohydrates
4.4g Fiber
2.4mg Iron
329mg Sodium
37mg Calcium

I served mine with:


We liked this as much, if not more, than the salad. Hey, it's carbs. Do you blame us? 

It's so easy, too. Just mix this rice:



with 1/3 cup chipotle salsa and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro. And bam, you have yourself a delicious Mexican side. 

So there you have it, a few recipes for your weekend. I happen to have the house to myself, and what do I do when I have the house to myself? 

Take a photoshoot showing off my new heels. In gym clothes. But more on that later. 

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Oh yummy scrummy, that does look delicious!
I had to look up what cilantro was, we call it coriander. Isn't it funny how different countries call ingredients different names!