Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, March 15, 2012

February Birchbox Review

Last month, I got my first Birchbox. For anyone who doesn't know, a simple $10 a month will get you a fun little present delivered to your doorstep full of beauty samples. I read a lot about it here in Blogland before finally giving in to the trend, and I'm glad I jumped on board! Even though I didn't love everything in my Birchbox, it's always fun to get packages in the mail. Plus, I got to try things that I might not usually buy. 


So here were my thoughts about February's Birchbox:


Not A Fan:

There was only one thing that I was really not a fan of, and that would be #3, Eye Rock Designer Liner. Compared to how easy it is to put on normal eyeliner, these were a bit too difficult for me. Not to mention, they didn't exactly stay on very well, and made my eyes feel really heavy. It's too bad too, because I was really excited about rocking some intense eyes for some nights out!

Indifferent:

I was indifferent about # 2 Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, and #5 Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Both of these did make my face feel nice and clean before going to bed, but I didn't notice any changes to my skin after using them. Out of the blue, my skin decided to kind of hate me this month. So maybe it was just a challenging few weeks, but the skin products didn't seem to help much. Was definitely excited about the samples, but probably won't be purchasing the products.

I liked:

I liked # 4, Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint. This was my first time using a tinted moisturizer, and I really liked it! It basically served as a foundation, but it also moisturized my skin AND protected it from the sun (SPF 20 baby). I haven't really been one to purchase moisturizer in the past, but if I ever did in the future, this would definitely be a top pick.

I loved: 

I loved Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse. One tiny little packet that I can bring to work instead of a spare toothbrush/toothpaste? Well I'll take that. Not to mention it made my teeth feel extra clean, and a packet of 24 is only $16. This would definitely be something that I would purchase, and get good use out of too! If anything, just for a super cute photo shoot in the bathroom at work:


So like I said, I didn't love everything, but it was fun trying out new products. I got my shipment notification for March's Birchbox, and I can't wait to see what's in it!


Happy Almost Friday!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I received the eyeliner stickers in Febs Birchbox too and was not a fan... a little too extreme for me!

I want to try the Supersmile Powdered Mouth Rinse! I got my March Birchbox yesterday and LOVED everything about it. Hope you love yours too!

Makin Memories Of Us said...

So exciting! I should be getting my first this month too. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Girl!! I have some bad news. The post office tore apart your letter that you sent me and I only got part of the envelope :( Stupid post office. I am sorry!! I don't even know what it was you were trying to send me.

Great stuff! Love getting little packages like this. xoxo