Every week, we discuss the work that God is doing in our life. We talk about what we are learning, where we are in our walk with Jesus. Last Thursday, our leader said that he would like us to start sharing what we know about God. Things that we really know. Not because we read them in a bible verse (although the bible can definitely teach us a lot about God), but because we have experienced God himself. So today, I want to share something that I know to be true about God. Something that my 22.5 years of life have given me enough evidence of this fact, to never have to doubt it.
God's timing is perfect.
There are so many examples from my life that point to the truth of that statement, but today, I want to give a brief run down (because long posts can get boring, and I'm just looking out for you!) of how I got my first big girl job. To keep this short and sweet, I'm gonna tell this story in number format.
- Last winter was my last quarter of school, and in preparation to graduate, I was applying for full-time jobs. I decided to attend the Winter Career Fair at UCSB, since I would not be able to attend the Spring Career Fair (since I wouldn't be a student in spring).
- I narrowed my options down to my top 3 choices, and printed out personalized resumes. My company that I now work for was 1 of those 3. But they were my last choice, because I thought I was ready to leave Santa Barbara. Silly, silly girl.
- My company contacted me for an interview, even though I had not submitted the application that was given to me at the Career Fair. I decided to go ahead and interview for the position, and as I learned more about the company, I realized this was an amazing opportunity.
- I went through the first rounds of interviews, and the secretary let it slip that I was the only person applying for this position. Everything went great, so I figured I for sure got the job, right?
- I got a letter in the mail telling me that I did not get the job. I decided to send an email requesting some feedback, as I would be applying for many more jobs in the upcoming months.
- The HR recruiter called me to tell me that she had really liked me, but the position I had applied for was closed.
- I got a call a few weeks later regarding the same position, turns out one of the current employees had put in notice that she would be leaving.
- Her last day was March 31st. The first day I could start was March 28th (side note: woahh has it really almost been a year? crazyyy!).
- God's timing is perfect.
I used to be so stressed about the future.
How am I ever going to get married, if I don't even have a boyfriend?
I don't want to have kids right after I get married, but I want to have kids before my 30s. Which means I'd have to get married in my mid 20s. Which means I have to be dating my husband in my early 20s. Which is now.
Aren't you exhausted just reading my thoughts? Yeah, I was seriously tripping. Since growing closer to the Lord, all of these stresses seemed to go away. I realize that God's plan is perfect, and things will happen in His time.
So for now, I just get to enjoy the ride.
God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can.
Ecclesiastes 3: 11-12