Haven't seen this type of post in a while, huh?
It's a random type of Friday, so bringing back the Friday Facts. Not quite sure if I'll be able to pop out 10 of these babies, but I'll see what I can do.
1. The baseball game was perfect. Minus the fact that the Red Sox sucked... badly. I got to spend some amazing quality time with one of my best friends on her birthday. Ate some delicious food, had some bomb seats (field level baby!), and had some of the best conversations on the way to and from the game.
Oh, and I have the pictures to prove it.
Oh, how I love this girl!
2. Last night, had the definition of a girls' night in. What exactly makes for a "girls' night in" you ask?
Fruit (you know, to be healthy).
And a classic chick flick.
Our chick flick of choice? The Notebook.
3. I could not be more excited for this weekend, because this girl is visiting:
I don't think it's even set in that she will be here tonight!!! Life just makes more sense with this girl around.
4. This isn't going to be the first time that I call my baby brother a stud on the blog (that would have been this post).
But he kind of is one.
Don't believe me? Check it out.
Mike, you're in New York right now for your first college soccer tournament, so you're probably not reading this. But, I just want to say that I am so so so proud of you. I'm proud to call you my brother. I'm proud to see that all of the effort, energy and dedication that you put into your sports over the years paid off with a college scholarship.
You deserve it, Mike. You really, really do.
5. I have a company softball tournament tonight. I guess I could have mentioned this in my If You Really Knew Me post, but I played softball for 8 years growing up. Stopped playing in high school to become more hard core and took up cheerleading instead.
I'm pretty excited to go back to my softball roots tonight.
6. Speaking of my If You Really Knew Me post, a lot of you guys asked for more details on how I burned my house down.
Yes, I'm thinking I will have a post on that coming soon. Get excited.
7. If you saw my New Year's Resolutions post, then you saw that I'm trying to read the entire Bible in one year. I'm fairly close to being caught up (seriously, an act of God. I've tried to keep up with reading challenges before and always failed) and this week I'm in Job. Here's one of my favorite verses:
But if you pray to God and seek the favor of the Almighty,
if you are pure and live with complete integrity,
He will rise up and restore your happy home.
And though you started with little,
you will end with much.
Job 8: 5-7
So thankful that our God is so, so good.
8. The weather here has been H-O-T lately. For California, okay? A beach bbq is definitely on the agenda for this weekend.
9. I'm in 2 places at once today! Check out my guest post on the lovely Kerrie's blog here.
10. Happy Friday and Happy 3 day weekend!!!
Got any exciting plans??