Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, August 6, 2012

Only In Santa Barbara - The Painted Cabernet

I've been wanting to start an Only in Santa Barbara topic for a while now, but have been majorly slacking. There are so many fun and unique things about SB that I want to capture on this here blog. Who knows how much longer I'll be living in this gorgeous city, so I want to soak it up, and document it for anyone who might be interested in visiting. 

FYI: I'd recommend it. 

I could not be more excited to start out this blog topic, mainly because I am so excited to talk about The Painted Cabernet.


Tabitha, a few of her friends and I ventured here this weekend, and guys, it was a blast! If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen this beauty on Saturday:


Painting and wine? Sold, sold, sold. Everything about this place was amazing. I mean, just the decor had me snapping pictures left and right. 


So adorable, am I right? We took a morning class, so there were mimosas in addition to wine. The first drink came free with the price of the class, WONDERFUL. The middle picture in the collage is the schedule. You can see the painting that will be taught in advance, and I fully intend to start a collection. 

Here was our painting for the day:


It was perfectly in theme with Fiesta, a weekend-long event that was going on in downtown SB. The annual parade was going on during our class, so that added to the fun atmosphere. 


The class was a blast, and the step by step instruction made it so easy to create the painting. 


Not too shabby for a few non-Artists like ourselves, right? 

I can definitely say that I will be coming back for another class, and probably very soon. It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning enjoying Santa Barbara and all of the fun that it has to offer!



Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! More on mine to come later. 


XO

5 comments:

Kate Sparkles said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing. I love unique activities like this and as an adult there are so few. All three of your paintings look great!!

Elissa said...

I love that you are doing an Only in Santa Barabara series. my family went on a san diego and la vacation when I was 14 and I wish we had made it up to SB!

The painted cabernet sounds awesome. There are some similar places like that not too far from me that I'd love to try I just have to find one that has a painting I want to do!

Sammantha said...

This looks awesome! Some MN bloggers are thinking of meeting up at a place like this, should be interesting ;)

Your painting looks awesome, I would love something like that. I don't know where I would put it, but I love it ;)

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Clara Turbay said...

I always find here ideas to inspire me and tips to feel me better.

dani said...

This looks so fun! :)