So, this lady here is single. Happily single, I will say, but single nonetheless. I am in no rush to settle down, but I do have an idea of what I'm looking for when I do.
I know what I want, that's great, right?
Despite the fact that I know what I want, I
almost always go for guys that do not fit into that description. I don't know what it is, but once I decide that I'm attracted to someone's personality, BAM. All my guidelines go out the window. My feelings take over, and I'm hooked.
I'm not saying that these guys are bad guys, but it's generally pretty clear that they're not right for me. And knowing that usually doesn't make it any easier when things don't work out.
But praise the Lord they don't!
So. How do I fix this pattern? I'm sure it's not a simple fix, but I had an idea. I made a list, a list of everything that I want in a future boyfriend/husband. And I'm hoping that writing it down will show me that what I'm looking for, will definitely be worth waiting for.
And I'm blogging the list. So when I come here and go "guys, I got me a boyfreeenn!" I give all of you permission to point me straight to this post and say "K but does he fit the list?"
And if I say no, you talk some sense into this girl.
Here we go:
1. He will look like this:
But it can't hurt.
Alright, for reals:
1. Loves Christ. Can I get an Amen?
2. Dog person (preferably cat person). I know that might be pushing it a bit.
3. Loves kids. There is nothing more attractive to me than a man who loves kids. And I plan to have me some babies, so this man's gotta be ready. In High School, I swore I wanted 5 kids.
I maybe still do.
4. Ambitious. I don't need a man who rakes in the big bucks, but I need a man with goals and drive.
5. Appreciates me. This one's big, guys. I have me some quirks. I fall asleep to almost any movie or tv show. I scream (or squeal?) when I have an unexpected bug encounter. I over analyze things like no other.
I want someone who's going to love every single one of these quirks (and all the others that weren't mentioned) because they make me, me.
6. Optimistic. You can find negative in any situation, if you look for it. You can also find positive in any situation, if you look for it. I'm not saying I need someone to be rainbows and butterflies all day every day (that's exhausting), but I want someone who's going to find the good in this world, and celebrate it with me.
7. Gets along with my family. My family can be crazy, exhausting and a lot to handle. But I love them more than anything in this world.
And my man better too. Or fake it :)
8. Sense of humor. I laugh at myself a lot (sometimes, you just have to). I would love to find someone who will laugh at me with me.
9. Committed to our relationship. When I'm all in, I'm all in. It doesn't matter how long we've been together, if I like you, I like you. That's it.
I'm not saying that's a good thing, because believe me, there are some relationships that I should have walked away from.
But when it's the right person, I know I will be happy that I have that commitment ingrained in me. And I want someone who's going to feel the same way about our relationship as I do.
I feel like I should have a number 10. But I don't.
So 9 things it is, that's not too much to ask for, right?
Single ladies, what are you looking for in your men? And my ladies with bfs or hubbies, what are your favorite qualities about your men?