I really loved this dinner, guys. And it's been one of my few balanced meals this week. The chicken was pretty simple, and the broccoli cheese bake was delicious! Definitely a win in my book, so of course I'm here to share:
Broccoli Cheese Bake
1 3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup fat-free milk
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place 1 in. of water and the broccoli in a small saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted. Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.
3. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. *I used the baby ramekins and they cooked for less time*
Chicken in White Wine Sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper into a shallow bowl. Add chicken, one piece at a time, coating both sides.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bam. That easy! Seriously, all of my recipes are quick and easy. It's one of the things I screen them for. Oh, and healthiness, since I'm trying to be good and all.
It's rough guys, rough! Why is food so good?
But, I can assure you that this recipe is good and healthy. Score.