Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Facts!

Yess made it to Friday! Is it just me, or is time flying by? Nearly half way through January, what now? Well this week was a pretty awesome week, and it'll be an equally if not more awesome weekend because: 

1. I will be here:


With these people:




I could not be more excited!

2. You know when you wake up to your alarm, but you're still basically sleeping and kind of delirious? Pretty sure I'm not the only one that this happens too, but who knows. Well yesterday morning, this happened to me. I guess right before I woke up, I was randomly dreaming of these people: 




Don't even ask, because I have no idea why this happened. But I do know that I felt extremely compelled to pray for them. Because their lives are so hard, right? So sure enough, feeling like this was entirely normal, I said a little prayer for good old Sandra and Ryan. Don't worry guys, I got your back. 


It wasn't until I really woke and was like "wait who was it that I prayed for?" that I got a good laugh out of this whole thing. Am I the only one who wakes up partially delirious sometimes? Oh well, it sure is entertaining when I remember it later. 


3. Keeping up with my resolution to read the Bible in one year? You bet I am. Here's my favorite verse from this week:


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3: 5-6

This basically sums up how I'm living my life these days. And so far, it's been amazing.

4. Speaking of reading, Kelly had the great idea to start a book club. I love reading, but I only seem to do it on family vacations. I always end up going through multiple books in the span of a week, because I will literally not be able to put the book down. Then I get back to the real world and stop making it a priority to get my hands on some good books. Joining a book club should change this, don't ya think? Here's our first book:


I just got it in the mail, so when I finish it I'll let you guys know what I think. 

5. Thank you Victoria's Secret customer service. I splurged and got a whole new outfit for new year's this year, including this bra:


And yes, that is exactly how it looks on me. Duh. Anywho I wore it as a strapless, and ladies this was the best strapless bra I have ever worn. It's the BioFit bra, and it is so comfortable! And I really struggle with finding good strapless bras (or any bras for that matter) because of the two massive lady lumps that my momma gave me. 

So I fell in love with the bra on new year's, and when I go to add straps and wear it a second time, the bra completely rips down the center. I was so. bummed. Mainly because I went against my gut instinct and threw out the receipt having all faith in a Victoria's Secret bra (those are the best, right?).

Well turns out good customer service came to the rescue and I was able to get a brand new bra yesterday. So stoked! Maybe it's my karma from working at the customer service desk of Kmart for over a year (yeah I rocked that job). 

6. Have I mentioned on this here blog that I love my roommates?


Well I do.

7. I'm participating in my first blogging gift exchange! The 2012 New Year Blogging Party hosted by the lovely Alycia from Crowley Party. Did you know that I actually know Alycia in real life? I know, I know, I'm just that lucky. And yes, she's as gorgeous, funny and basically overall amazing in real life as she is on her blog. 

8. Random fact time, what game do we play all the time at our house? This one:


We played this game a ton at our apartment downtown, and it's been just as entertaining in our new house. We may or may not have incorporated drinking rules. 

9. The new tv show obsession at our house? Well that would be Dance Moms. 


I never watched the show before this week, but now I'm kind of hooked. These girls can seriously dance.


10. Hopefully everyone has a three day weekend like I do, and if you do, I hope you enjoy it! I most definitely will, so come back to see lots of pictures next week!

As always, Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Impulsive Addict said...

I want Ryan and Sandra to get married. Why do they just have to be "friends"? Ugh. I love them both!

You have a LOT of roommates! I bet that's fun!

I hope you are having a great weekend!!