Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Facts!

One of my New Year's resolutions was to find my blogging voice, basically to stop worrying about readers thinking I'm too boring, weird, crazy, annoying, insert any other adjective here, and just blog. So for this week's Friday Facts I'm gonna just type what comes, and maybe throw in a few fun facts about Amy. 


1. Today, I listened to this song on repeat for like over an hour. Pretty loudly. At work. Take a listen, maybe you'll get as obsessed as I am.




2. Another New Year's resolution was to read the bible in a year (which I've kept up with so far, yay!) so I figure I can share my favorite bible verse each week during Friday Facts. There were a bunch that I liked this week, but here's one of the top favs:


God blesses those who realize their need for him, 
for the Kingdom of Heaven is given to them. 
God blesses those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. 
God blesses those who are gentle and lowly, 
for the whole earth will belong to them. 
God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice,
for they will receive it in full.
God blesses those who are merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
God blesses those whose hearts are pure, 
for they will see God.
God blesses those who work for peace,
for they will be called the children of God.
God blesses those who are persecuted because they live for God,
for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. 

Matthew 5: 3-10

3. When it comes to food, I don't mess around. Following the 80/20 rule is a bit challenging, because I just LOVE food. All kinds. Like I said yesterday, today was my day to supply for Donut Friday. And like I said yesterday, I went all out. Photo proof:


Yes, I took a picture on my phone at work. And yes, some coworkers made fun of me for it. I'm just really cool like that. 


4. Sooo I have a confession. I try and keep it classy on this here blog of mine, but the truth is, sometimes I drink this thing called alcohol. And when that happens, I look like this:












It's not very pretty, I know. But I feel like we all just got a whole lot closer. 


5. Speaking of keeping it classy, my friends and I keep our convos classy all the time. See the below example:




There's a slight chance that I may get in trouble for posting this convo. But don't worry Kristi, I blacked out your last name so no one knows who you are. 


6. I have completely failed at taking pictures of anything other than food lately. But that will change this weekend. Hopefully.


7. I went to my first spin class in probably like the last 5 years today. And the one I took 5 years ago, well that was my first ever. And the one this morning, well it was at 6 AM. I feel like a champ. Even though I used like barely any resistance, but hey it's the effort that counts right?


8. These two youtube videos pretty much made my work week. 





Enjoy. 


9. This time next weekend I will be in San Francisco with these people:




I.Can't.Wait.

10. Not gonna lie, coming up with 10 things has kind of been difficult the last few weeks. Does that mean I'm not very interesting? Aw dang. Well, I'll work on that this week. 

Happy Friday!

No comments: