Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, May 6, 2013

Nothing Ever Could Separate Us

Have you found your love song from God, yet? 

I guarantee it's out there. Might be a specific verse, or worship song. Whatever it is, you'll find it, and BAM. 

You'll just know. God wrote that for you

And you'll hold onto that. That personal connection between you and God. And whenever you see that verse, or hear that song, you'll get flooded with that amazing feeling.

That feeling that reminds you of just how much God loves you.

For me, this verse is it:


Romans 8:38-39. 

I read that verse during my first High School youth retreat to the Channel Islands. I read it sitting in the wilderness, away from all of the busyness of the world. 

I read it and in that moment, I knew: God loved me. 

 Almost 9 years later, driving to church on a Sunday, I heard this song for the first time. 
 

 There were tears, guys. There were tears. 

So, have you found your love song from God? If not, I'd love to pray that you do :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! My song is definitely My Beloved by Kari Jobe and my verse, Psalm 34:18 :) God is just so amazing and these always remind me of it.

Melissa Jo said...

LOVE this song, it was one of the songs that all my windows in my car go down and and the music goes way up! I always wonder what the guys on the construction site think about this silly girl always blasting christian songs and jamming out! :)

Elle Sees said...

that's just wonderful! and a great song, too!

kristyn said...

i love this, Amy! it's so true about God's love songs--mine is most definitely Ancient Skies by The Michael Gungor Band. i don't know why but it just warms my heart; i cry every time! i think it's so amazing how God speaks to us through song :)

grace & love,
kristyn

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I love this post! So beautiful.

Rach said...

I love this scripture. I remember the first summer that I REALLY understood it. I had heard it my whole life and even memorized this scripture as a kid, but when I had love taken away from me in the world, I realized just how precious this promise is from God. He is faithful and true and not fickle. He won't just decide to stop loving us someday. That's awesome.

My scripture has been Isaiah 41:13. "For I am the LORD, your GOD, Who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'do not fear, I will help you'." I just LOVE that He is GOD and yet He is holding my hand and telling me that He is with me and not to be afraid. Love love love it. :)