Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Liebster with a twist! Round 2

Meet Heather:


She's a 25 year old teacher living in Dallas but rooting for Alabama. She also bought her own house this past year, so I'm thinking I can learn a thing or two from her!!

You can find her over at Bridge to Birmingham!


Heather was so sweet to nominate me for the Liebster award, and I'm excited to see what questions she has in store.

Ready, set, go:

1. What is your favorite sports team?

Definitely the New England Patriots. {The majority of you probably love me or hate me right now.}


Daddy raised a Boston fan!

2. What is your favorite healthy recipe that you cook?

Ohh, love this question.

One of my favorite dishes is this Turkey-Sausage Gnocchi Soup. I haven't made it in a while, but I definitely should make it soon. There are so many great variations you can do: veggie sausage for us vegetarians (holla!) or fire-roasted tomatoes for an extra spicy kick (yum!).

Another go-to of mine would be making fish with lemon and capers. Healthy, quick and delicious!

3. What is your favorite restaurant?

Take me to any Mexican restaurant, and I'm in heaven.

4. If money wasn't an issue, where would you vacation to this summer?

So long as all goes as planned, I plan to vacation to Honduras this summer to visit an orphanage down there.

Fingers crossed!

5. What is your life long dream?

To be a mom.

A husband would be nice, too ;)

6. How many times have you been in love?

2.

Although to be honest, I think being "in love" is different for everyone. I'm not entirely sure if there is a dictionary definition for that one. I have thought I was "in love" more than twice, and I say 2 because those were the most serious times. However, I'm not sure if it's been more or less than that. For me, being in love has been different each and every time as I get older and learn more about myself and love.

7. Do you believe that there is one person meant for everyone?

Yes.

But I also believe that some find another and settle down before finding the one, and it does not necessarily mean that it can't work.

I am sure that I could have "made it work" with any of my ex boyfriends.

But I am happy that we didn't, because I don't think any of them are my one.

8. What is your favorite childhood memory?

I am sure I have many, but one that comes to mind is when I caught my first pop fly in softball.

And in the middle of the game, ran with the ball to give my dad a jumping hug.

9. What is the best thing you got OR gave for Christmas?

When I was very young, I lost my favorite teddy bear a few weeks before Christmas.

It was such a tragic loss that my parents drew up "lost teddy bear" signs to post around the neighborhood and all over town.

{Brownie points, Mom and Dad.}

We looked and looked, but it was no where to be found.

My parents bought me a new one that could just not compare.

On Christmas morning, I came down stairs to find my beloved teddy bear, sitting under the Christmas tree with a bow on his head.

Both of my parents were so confused as to where he came from.

I questioned them about it in years to come, after realizing that sadly, he was not brought by Santa Clause.

Neither of them ever found out where the bear came from.

But our bet's on the nanny, who never fessed up :)

10. If you had to have a quote to describe your life, what would it be?

Everything happens for a reason.

11. Is there anything you wish you could change about your life?

Honestly? No.

Have I made mistakes? So many.

I have embarassing stories for days. Some of which, I should be plenty ashamed of, but I laugh about them now.

My past mistakes make me who I am today.

And I am happy to be a person who can look at others, no matter where they are in life, and love them without judgement.

I have learned, by experience, that God's glory and grace are bigger than my mistakes.

And I will walk with that lesson for the rest of my life.

But I will not walk with shame from my mistakes.

So no, no regrets :)

Thanks for the awesome questions, Heather!

Now to introduce another one of my favorite blogger friends. 

I "met" this girl just a few months ago, and it's one of those finds where every. single. post. I find myself nodding my head thinking "Me too, girl!! Me too!"

I just adore her heart, and I know you will too!

Meet Melissa:


Things you should know:

One: She is gorgeous. But you already know that by now. 

Two: She blogs over at Home Sweet Auburn.

I mean come on now, could we be any more of a match made in heaven? 

Home Sweet Auburn? Sweet Home Santa Barbara?

I think not. 

Three: She has the most adorable pup, Annabelle. 


Four: You will love her. 

Today is my Friday, so I think it's fair to say Happy Friday!! :)

I'll be back tomorrow to answer my last set of Liebster questions and introduce another fav. 

Have a good one, lovelies!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

That is the sweetest Christmas story!!!!! :) Smiles!!!

Kate Sparkles said...

It might not have been Santa but it was definitely a Christmas miracle!! That's the most adorable story.

Elissa said...

I love the way you are doing this! and fun fact back forever ago I got the liebster and was shocked bc I have like no followers. And getting it made me realize I didn't really follow baby blogs so I just did some searching and that's actually how I found your blog, looking for blogs to nominate!

Melissa Jo said...

I love your Christmas story, glad he made it back safely to you. We call the people in the house the 'notme' ghost - ha!

Thanks for honoring me - made my day!

Rach said...

Aww, I love that your parents put up signs around the neighborhood looking for your teddy bear. So sweet!