Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Liebster! And a twist!

Recently I have had a few bloggers award me the Liebster Blog award (an award for blogs with 200 or less followers), and I am so honored and thankful!

The first time I got this award, I nominated others. Some posted on it, some didn't. 

I thought about it, and this time around I want to make it a little more special. So I will be answering the blogger's questions (my favorite part!) and I'll be doing a short spot light on that blogger to thank them for the award. 

I'll also introduce you to one of my fav bloggers with less than 200 followers, as a way to spread some bloggy love to some of my bloggy besties. 

Hope you don't mind me mixing things up :)

Today, I'm going to start with answering Caitlin's questions. 

Caitlin blogs over at Letters and Lattes, and I have loved getting to know her over the past few months. We have so much in common, and she reminds me so much of myself just a few years ago when I was finishing up college. 

Minus the fact that she does all of her own web design {which I sadly, do not}, and I think that is pretty darn cool considering her blog has the cutest design!




So let's see what fun questions she has in store for me, shall we?

1. What is one of your favorite items in your home?

Definitely my bed! Back in October when my college bff Kristi moved out, she gave me her old bed, since she wouldn't be needing it. For the first time since living at home in high school, I was upgrading to something bigger than a twin sized bed. 

And I was 23 years old, cool I know.

I got all excited to get brand new sheets and a duvet that I had been wanting for a while. And now, my comfy bed is definitely my favorite place to relax in my home.


2. Favorite country song?

Right now, probably either Hard to Love by Lee Brice:


Or Wanted by Hunter Hayes:


And thanks for reminding me, cause I'm gonna go put them on right this second. 

3. When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Hmm, this is way harder than it should be. 

Probably when I had my first legitimate injury of a stress fracture.

And then got to experience airport travel with crutches and a boot.

While I don't recommend the crutches part (ditched those right when I got to Boston), I will say that the boot got me major perks in airports!

Feel free to borrow it the next time you're traveling :)

4. What would you fight for?

 I will fight for a relationship. 

And up to this day, I've fought for all the wrong ones. 

But one of these days that fighting spirit is gonna come in handy!

5. Who are the 5 people you hang out with the most? 

This has changed a lot over the last year, but I'd say in the past few months, it'd be:

Tabitha, my coworker (the reason I changed jobs!) and host of our weekly Bible study. Love this girl a whole lot.

Karen, my mentor. Jesus has brought together a beautiful mentoring relationship, I could not have asked for or imagined anything better. 

Gabe, the first real guy friend that I've ever had in my entire life. This guy has taught me what it means for a man to really and truly care about me. Aaand he's moving across the country at the end of the month. So you girls in Boston, get ready. You have a great one coming your way!

Madeleine, met her and Gabe both through my old job. She is one of those where our friendship just clicked from day 1 and hasn't stopped clicking since. 

And the newest addition to the regular crew of mine, Ashlee. Met her when I went to get running shoes, and after finding out I knew her cousin from back home in San Diego, we became quick, quick friends. She is one of my all time favorite people these days (clearly, she's on this list!) and I am so blessed that God brought her into my life. 


No pictures with Ashlee yet, but that will be changing very, very soon!

6. What are your long and short term goals?

My overall goal both long and short term is just to follow God's plan for my life, whatever that might be. 

Some things that I'm working on now are learning to budget my money better, and gearing up to run that 10K in February!

7. Other than family, who is the biggest role model in your life?

Definitely my mentor, Karen. She is an incredible woman of God, and puts Jesus first in everything. I aspire to be as strong in my faith as she is one day. 

8. Are you living your life to the best of your ability, or are you settling?

Honestly, yes, I would say that I am living my life to the best of my ability. If you had asked my that question a week ago, I might have said settling. Or maybe I was just wanting to settle. {Funny how we seem to do that sometimes, huh?}

But today, I can honestly say that I don't feel as though I'm settling in any areas of my life. 

9. What are your travel dreams?

Oh gosh, the list goes on and on. 

I would love to visit Italy, that would be the first place I would go in a heart beat. 

I want to visit an orphanage in Africa. 

Follow my heritage back to Ireland. 

Really, anywhere that I can arrange a trip to with at least a friend or a group, I'm so there. 

10. If money wasn't an issue, what would your dream job be?

My dream job is to be in full-time ministry. Specifically, I would love to work in high school ministry, or in women's ministry. 

11. Favorite holiday?

Either Christmas, or Thanksgiving. I love Christmas time in general, but I really enjoy getting together with all of my extended family and sharing a delicious feast on Thanksgiving, too!

Done!

Great questions, Caitlin! Thank you again so much for the award :) You should definitely all stop by and say hello to this lovely lady!

And for another blogger that I'd love to introduce, meet Olivia and her adorable family:


Olivia blogs over at Mad Lib, and I have been following her since right after she announced her pregnancy! It's been so great following along on her journey into motherhood, and I have loved really forming a friendship with her through Blogland. 

If you haven't checked out her blog before, do yourself a favor and head over!

But be warned, you might catch some baby fever from all of the precious Cooper pictures!

After you check out her blog, go take a look at her new etsy shop, Lou Lou Made! I am loving her pillows that are in there, and I'll definitely be getting myself one shortly!

That's one talented Mama!

That's all for today, guys! I'll be answering more Liebster questions tomorrow, and introducing another one of my blogger besties :)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You're bed looks so comfortable! I'm trying to decorate the rest of my apartment before my bedroom- because no one really sees it- but I'm already picking out new duvet covers.

My travel list is so long. I would love to go to Africa. I saw an orphanage in India. It was heart breaking, but definitely changes the way I look at life. Ireland is on my list too- I have some very distant family there.

Rach said...

Oh my goodness, your duvet cover is absolutely PRECIOUS! It's super cute and the bed just looks so cozy!

I love that you listed country songs as favorites! I love country music so much (college me would never believe those words would come out of my mouth, but it's true!). :)

Also, ITALY!!!!!! YAAAAAAY! That will be so exciting when the time comes. :)

Caitlin said...

You are just TOO sweet!!! Thanks for the mention lady! Love all the things we have in common!! PS I just got my first big girl bed in May after 21 years so I definitely feel you!!!

Hard to Love is one of my all time favorite country songs!

And, if you ever need help with your blog design or want something new just shoot me an email and I'd be more than happy to help!

Melissa Jo said...

Love your duvet cover, so pretty! Your overall goal being to follow God's plan is scary at times - but worth it. Id rather live his will for my life than mix it up with my ideas of what I want. A lot of people dont get that goal I've found - they don't get you just want to follow Christ and he will present the opportunities before you instead of wishing one certain thing to always come true.

Olivia said...

You are the sweetest!!! Thank you so much for doing this little shout out for me, I really appreciate it!!!!! I'm going to be doing a post soon with my favorite bloggers and you will definitely be on there :)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Amy, I love how you did this! Also, your bed set? Looks so comfortable. Let's visit Africa together!!

xoxo.
Samm @ DysfunctionalEverAfter.com

Kate Sparkles said...

I didn't have anything bigger than a twin bed until I moved in with PC about a month before I turned 23.... And now I secretly love the nights he is away and I get to sprawl out over our queen bed without bumping into him!

Also, don't be afraid to travel alone! Going with friends is fun but I'd highly reccomend some solo travel to, or at least don't be put off going somewhere on your bucket list just because you're going alone!
And if you ever want to be shown around select parts of Australia..