Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

God Can

There is so much that I want to post about today. 

Actually, there's been so much that I've been wanting to post about for a while now. But today's not the day to start into the deep stuff.

It's coming, eventually. 

I think 2013 is going to be a year of diving into some raw, real, just plain deep stuff. 

And it's gonna be great, I know it. 

How do I know it? Because it glorifies God. 

And isn't that what we were put on this earth for?


Today, I just want to say that whatever you're facing, invite God in. 

For years, I didn't do that. 

I thought He was too busy. 

No, scratch that. I knew He wanted to be a part of my life. 

But I just wasn't sure if I was ready for that. 

I wasn't sure I was ready to give up everything else for a life of God. Frankly, I was awfully scared of what that would look life. 

What would people think?

How would I ever feel confident and secure in myself if I was supposed to go against nearly every social norm out there these days?

I was scared, guys. Scared of what it would look like to let go of everything I had been clinging to and filling myself with for the last 22 years of my life. 

But I'm on the other side now, and I'm here to tell you that I wish I had made that leap of faith 22 years earlier. 

Yupp, in the womb I tell ya!


He is so good, guys. 

And when I say "I'm on the other side," I mean on 1 out of about 39382378 mountains that I will probably face in this life time. 

But spoiler alert:

God's gonna get me over every. single. one. of those mountains. 

{Can I get an Amen?}

So if you're celebrating something today, celebrate with Him. 

If you're grieving today, grieve with Him. 

Struggling? Give it to Him. 

Confused? Ask Him. 

God can do anything.

And He loves a good challenge. 

I know this, because He picked my heart to change. 

And that, my friends, took years.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful words and beautiful advice! Absolutely true in every facet....let God in always!

Julie said...

I have been struggling SO much lately with letting it be known how much my relationship with God really means to me. It's scary to wonder exactly what people will think, who will accept me, who won't. It's more than worth it though, to live a life for God. It's more gratifying than acceptance from any person here on Earth and once I truly let go I will fully realize this. Thanks for inspiring me today Amy! Your words here are moving and beautiful!

Rach said...

AMEN! Amy, I love reading your faith posts! God is doing amazing things in your life right now. Love this! :)

Melissa said...

Awesome words, Amy! LOVE IT! :)

Jennifer said...

Wow. Girl. I found your blog yesterday and sat down this morning to really check ya out before following. This post...wow. You remind me of what kind of person I want to be! Someone who isn't afraid of what God's doing. Thanks for being honest and open. I'm definitely going to follow along!

Anna said...

I love this Amy! I drive by a homeless man every morning and now that we've been in the 20*s this week I've felt awful drinking my hot coffee when I see him. I'm thinking about bringing an extra cup along with me next week thanks to your inspiration and reminder to give!

Anonymous said...

These are definitely my favorite genre of your posts. Thank you for sharing.

Ronnie.