Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Monday, October 3, 2011

Officially Independent!

So today marks a pretty big day for me; as of today I am officially financially independent from my parents! That also means that I will have some budgeting to do these next few months to start paying for my phone and car insurance, but judging by the fact that I was borderline broke for the majority of college, I think I can make by. Plus, it's pretty exciting that I have my own company discount on my phone bill. (Boy, do I sound old or what? Gross.) Anywho, I figured I could write a blog today about my fam to celebrate me being officially out of the nest (and saving Mom and Dad money on bills every month). I gotta say, I don't think I'd be where I am today without them, so I'm very thankful to have such an amazing, supportive and of course some-what crazy family.


There they are: my dad, mom, 6 year old sister and 17 year old brother at my cousin Josh's Bar Mitzvah. In case you can't tell by the fact that my brother, sister and I clearly come from the same genes, my cousin's the one on the far right. This day was right after my last final of college, and I had the greatest time celebrating my cousin's big day with my entire extended family knowing that I had just finished my Bachelor's degree (well, hoping until I saw my final grades!). I just want to say thanks to my family for helping me get to where I am today. I don't know how I got so lucky to have a full-time job in a beautiful place like Santa Barbara, but I do thank my Mom and Dad for providing me with the opportunities that I needed to get here. Here are some more pictures of the amazing (and at times crazy) fam that I love:





And to prove the crazy part:


Yeah, my dad's a stripper part time. No big deal. Happy Monday everyone! Off to a softball game with the Designated Drivers.

No comments: