Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Epic Weekend Part 2 - Avocado Festival!

So after Keith Urban, we hit the road pretty early to make it back to SB at a decent hour. With only a quick stop at McDonalds (the healthiest of breakfast places), we were home by 9:30 with plenty of the weekend left. Originally planning on watching football with the boys, we decided to mix it up and enjoy the rest of the time we had with Kayla before she headed back to NorCal. Anyone who knows Kayla, knows that she has a spontaneous personality that is pretty contagious. Knowing we had just missed the SB Seafood Festival (such a bummer!), we decided to look up other local food festivals. Lucky for us, we found one:


We headed south to Carp for the day to enjoy the Avocado Festival. We had heard such good things, and were definitely NOT disappointed! Here are some pics of our Sunday adventure:


Started out with some free chips and delicious guac



Round 2: Amazing tacos and guac
 
Reed Avocados (aka my last name)

Our absolute favorite thing that we had was one of Ali's Sweet Avocado pies. Sounds a bit sketch, right? I'd have to agree. To be honest, I am not the hugest avocado fan to begin with. I literally just started liking guacamole a few weeks ago. But even I have to admit, this pie was AMAZING! It was an avocado/lime/cream cheese custard on top of a delicious graham cracker crust. I bought an extra to bring to the boyfriend's parent's house for dinner and it was the perfect not-gonna-make-you-feel-super-fat dessert (we had it with raspberries on top, even better!). If you're ever in Carp, look up this Ali girl and try one of her delicious pies!


PS: A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY VERY BEST FRIENDS, KACEY! She was one of my first best friends in kindergarden (we car pooled, it was presh), and she is one of the most fun, outgoing, generous, gorgeous and amazing people that I know. I am so lucky to call her my best friend!


Love you Kace!

No comments: