Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, April 26, 2013

Erin Asked, so I Answered!

Erin from the infamous Living in Yellow asked some good questions yesterday. So I figured what better to post on a Friday than some serious Q&A.

And to offset the seriousness, I give you recent pics that haven't made the blog yet. 

Here we go:

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?

Hmm, this is tricky. I will absolutely say that I wish I had accepted the love of Jesus into my heart at a younger age. I would have loved to lived my life in a glorifying way through high school and college, and I wish I had loved people without seeking approval and validation in return. 

That being said, would I have done things differently? Here's where I don't have an easy answer. Would I go back and choose sin all over again? Absolutely not, I know better now. I see the effect that sin had on my heart, and I wouldn't ever choose that for myself, or anyone else. 

But, I love the people that I met through out those years of straying from the Lord. I pray for them often, and can't wait to watch as God changes their lives as He has mine. 

And I'm thankful for my heart that sympathizes for the lost. Would I have that empathy in my heart if I hadn't gotten lost myself? Who knows. 

So there's your answer. There is something I would have done differently, but I'm thankful that I don't have the opportunity to. I trust that God will use my life just as it is. 



2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

5 years.. so let's see. I will be 28, turning 29 in a few months. 

Well, for one thing, I see myself planning an amazing golden birthday party for myself since 29 will be the lucky golden year. Gold EVERYTHING. Get excited. 

I hope to be in full-time ministry, specifically women's ministry. I envision myself working for a church, but only God knows!

I hope to have met my husband by then, possibly even started having kids depending on where we stand in our relationship/marriage. 

Oh, and I see myself blogging. Definitely blogging. 



3. Do you honestly want kids?

Yes, yes and yes. 

I have always wanted to be a Mom. I didn't dream about my wedding growing up, I dreamed about my kid's names. And I don't know how or when, but I have complete faith that I will be a Mom one day. To a lot of kids. 

That being said, do I honestly want kids any time soon? Well, considering I'm not seeing anyone now, I guess that's a no brainer. 

But even without that small factor, I know that I'm not ready to have kids right now. I love the season of life that I'm in. I'm thankful that I am allowed to put myself first, and fill my time with whatever I want to do. I want to make sure that I'm fully prepared to give that up before I even consider having kids. 



4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?

It's funny, but I think the best moment of my life is a moment where I felt the most broken. 

January 1st, 2012. Standing in worship at my first church service in who knows how long. Raising my hands out as far as they could go, tears streaming down my face, proclaiming my desperation for God. 

And immediately feeling filled with hope. So. much. hope. 

That's when everything changed for me. And that was the best moment of my life so far. 



5. What is your life theme song? 

Good Life by One Republic. 

And about a million worship songs, so we'll leave it at that. 



6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die? 

Speak in front of a group of women and really share my heart, and my story. 



7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?

That no matter what time it is, when we last talked, or how well we know each other, I'll be there. Hands down. 

For the little things, and for the big. I want to be known as someone who others can turn to for help, love and support. 

Or wine, laughs and tears. Whichever you prefer. 



8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc.), what would it be?

Pack up and go travel the world. 

And I'd bring my family and friends with me. 

Side note: You all are invited. 



9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life? 

Picking up the pieces of a broken heart. 

Good thing God has a knack for putting them back together for me :)



10. Summarize yourself in one word.

Passionate. 



And on that note, I'm off the STAGECOACH!

Have a lovely weekend, friends! Love you all so much!

8 comments:

Rach said...

Such a great song! It IS a good life! :)

Amy, you are going to make such a great mom someday! And oh, what a blessing you will be to the women you minister to. Already your blog is such a beacon of truth and hope for so many. Love you, girl!

. said...

aw I love your post! you are so lovable, my friend. Someday God will lead your man to you and you'll be a good mom. make sure you teach your kids about God when they begin life.

Love ya!

Jordan said...

I'm also in that weird stage where I can't wait to have kids... but I have to wait to have kids because it is just not anywhere near the right time! But I really can't wait. :) Loved reading this, you really are an amazing woman! Love you and hope you have a great weekend!

Tabitha said...

Love this. Love you! Have so much fun at Stagecoach! Instagram the heck out of it so I can pretend I'm there with you. :)

erin m. said...

I love posts like these! It's fun reading your answers and learning more about you. Have a great weekend Amy!

Julie said...

Love this post, so fun! Getting to know a little more about you is awesome! And as for the kids thing– I'm the same way. I'm so excited to be a mom someday but I'm definitely not ready yet. When I am, it's going to be such an amazing experience!

Marli said...

whoo-hoo! let's go on a trip. :) i've always loved to travel and i would love to go traveling someday too.
beautiful answers. it definitely sounds like you have a servants heart.

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great post! I'll say this again; the man who captures your heart and in turn, shares that kayak with Jesus in your own heart, will be a good man. God bless along this journey called LIFE!

Have a fun weekend and be safe my friend.

Ronnie