Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Right now, I feel blessed.

Yesterday was an off day. 

Not a bad day, just an off one. One where I woke up not feeling quite like myself. Felt a bit low.

One where I cried a bit on my way to work. 

To be honest, this weekend kind of threw me for an emotional loop. I don't think I'm going to go into details on the blog, and I haven't even gone into details with most friends. Because really, it's not important

I'm the same happy, peppy person that I was before the weekend started, and I'll be back to that happy, peppy self in no time. 

Not to mention given the emotional loop, it was still a damn good weekend. 

But you know the good thing about an off day? They leave me feeling blessed. 

Blessed that I have friends that I can call at 10:15PM to say Hey, I'm coming over to watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother

When what I really mean is Hey, I'm coming over to explain to you why today sucked

And I didn't even realize that until I got over, and with a drink in hand, the conversation started. 

And when 5 minutes in I said I'm sorry, I really did come over to watch How I Met Your Mother. 

The response? No you didn't. And that's okay, that's what friends are for

Feeling pretty darn blessed right about now. 

And with that, a photo dump of the Labor Day beach bbq:






Even after an off day, I can say with complete confidence that life is good. And I wouldn't change a thing.

6 comments:

Mosby Hardin said...

I am so sorry you had an off day! With your awesome attitude though it will totes get better! Funny story: same thing happened to me yesterday! I swear we could be twins!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry. If you need to talk, you know I'm here for ya. I hope this week is AMAZING compared to the weekend to help make up for it. It does look like you had some fun with friends, though, so that's great!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Off days suck! But I can see that you're blessed and loved by many. So excited to find your blog...fellow Cali girl. New follower. Hope you follow back. ;)

Rebecca O said...

'Off' days are no fun, but I am sooo glad you found the silver lining. You have SO much to be blessed about in your life! Talk it out with your good friends and move on :) God loves you and that's just about all that matters.

Jordan said...

Off days blow, but similar to what you said, can't have a rainbow without a storm. (Super dramatic, but you get my point) Hope you have a better rest of the week! At least it's a short one! :)

Aaaaaaaand I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out! :)

Elissa said...

praying for you, and glad you have an amazing attitude!
glad we g-chatted yesterday! And always know I'm here to talk, whether just to chat or have a big conversation!

Hope today is awesome!