Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Be Still - Part 2

**Had to split this one up. To read part 1, check it here.**

So there I was, en route to Boston. Boot on my foot, crutches in my hands. Right when I found out that I had a stress fracture, I knew this trip across the country would be quite the adventure. I was really looking forward to the flights and the layovers, mainly because it would give me time to catch up on some reading. 

What I was not excited for? Conquering the public transportation system once I got to Boston. My friend that I was visiting doesn't have a car, so I was left with either forking up the money for a taxi, or navigating my way through the bus system. The taxi option wasn't a bad one, but I figured I'd rather spend the money on other things. So I knew I was going to be making my way through the bus lines after a red eye, with boot/crutches/bags. 

I wasn't super stoked on that idea. 

While on my flight to Boston, I had a moment of prayer. I prayed that God would change my attitude. The entire week I had been bouncing between keeping positive and crying with frustration/stress, and I knew that that's not how God wants me to live. God wants me to experience His peace and joy, regardless of my circumstances. 

So I told Him. God, I have a really negative attitude about the public transportation adventure I'm about to go on. I admit it, and I ask you to please help me change my attitude. 

I fell asleep. 

I had a dream. 

I dreamt that I was on the silver line (task 1) and I was riding with two men. One, I think, was my Dad. The other, wasn't too sure. But I remember him explaining that I would be taking the silver line to the red line (task 2). And I remember him taking me through every step of the way. 

When we transferred to the red line, he was with me. I thanked him, and said that he really didn't have to come with me the entire way. 

But he did.

And when we got off the red line, we had to walk. And he put me on his shoulders, and carried me. There were other people below me, and I was much higher than I would have been on a normal person's shoulders. 

I remember the conversation that was going on below me was negative. But I wasn't participating, being up so high. 

Finally, my Dad turned around and said to put me down. That I was ready to walk. And so the man did. 

And then I woke up. And I'll be real, my first response? 

Dang it! I'm still on the plane! Making it through the bus system was all a dream!

And then I processed what had just happened. And I realized that God had just communicated with me through that dream. I realized that that man who took me through the public transportation system, and carried me on his shoulders? That was God!

I realized that God was showing me how he carries me through the negative times in my life. And I don't need to fear, because He's always here.

I will always remember this flight to Boston as the first time I felt a clear message from God. 

It was amazing. 

He is amazing. 

And guess what? 

He loves you a whole lot, too.








Have yourself a wonderful Thursday. You guys are amazing, and I really love you. Kind of a lot.

XO

10 comments:

Samantha said...

So many words come to mind when reading this. Amazing, inspirational, truthful. My family is having such hard time with a lot of things in our lives. A post like this helps me to remember that he has a plan and ism always there. Thank you for this.

Mosby Hardin said...

This is so awesome! I love hearing stories like this! Thanks for sharing friend. Hope you have an awesome day:)

Brigid said...

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your boot setback! Hope your travel plans are mostly uneventful and you navigate the subways okay. Have fun in Boston, it's just the best = )

Linnea said...

Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Jordan said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing and hope you have a great day!

Julie said...

Beautiful! What a message God gave to you so you could share it and inspire all of us! Love love love this. He really is always carrying us, through everything, even if we don't realize it sometimes :)

Rach said...

Oh my gracious, girl, that's amazing. So powerful. He most definitely carries us. I love this! So glad you had this beautiful dream and that you shared! Love ya girl!

Elissa said...

oh man, I blame bloglovin that I missed this yesterday! or maybe it was just me. that is one awesome dream and def a great memory and experience to have!

Janna Renee said...

This is such a great story and so inspiring!

. said...

How beautiful! :D