Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where I spend 40 hours/week

So this entire post is built around a single picture, and I have to preface by explaining just how awkward I was while taking this photo. I've been wanting to take a picture of my cubicle (yeah that's right, I have my very own cubicle. It's pretty cool.) oh since about the day I moved into it. I got all excited about all of the firsts that came along with my first big girl job. Definitely took a photo of my badge and name plate when I got those to send back to Mom, but taking those pictures was a lot most discrete than trying to get my whole desk in a cell phone pic. But did that stop me? Nope. When we first moved into our new building (about two months ago) I decided it was finally time to suck it up and figure out a way to get a pic of my desk. I mean, people want to know where I spend 8 hours a day Monday - Friday, right? And by "people," I mean Mom. Maybe not even her, but I like to pretend. So anyway, the phone I had during moving day had a broken camera, so I was very disappointed to realize I was not going to be able to document my newly organized cube. Fortunate for all of you, I had to get a new phone recently. And it took me some time to realize that with my newly functioning camera on my phone, I could finally take a picture of my cubicle. But I didn't really think it through, and definitely had to scoot my chair prettyy far back (basically into the walk way, no big deal) so that I could whip out my handy dandy cell phone to very obviously take a picture of my cube. I tried to wheel back to my desk all sorts of fast to be as discrete as possible, but pretty sure everyone noticed. Oh well, minor details. I got the pic, so I can finally share where I spend 40 hours a week, every week. Enjoy. 

Am I cool, or what?

No comments: