Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, December 20, 2012

California Girl

I'm a born and bred California girl.

Southern California girl, to be exact.

That means the word hella came out of my mouth unintentionally exactly one time before I washed my mouth out with soap.

No offense to any hella say-ers out there.

This also means that I was raised to be a water lover.


Love the beach, and all things with water.

Swimming pools? Lakes? My kind of places.


Living so close to the beach is definitely something I want to take advantage of more often next year.

I don't get there nearly enough for someone who's loved the beach for her entire life.


Can't you just see the look of excitement and joy on my face?

Total beach lover. Born and bred.

Today's my Friday, and won't be back to work until the 2nd (insert leaping for joy here).

Best part of the new job was the incredible holiday schedule.

I'll be linking up for the Girl Behind the Blog vlog link up tomorrow, and you should too! Would love to see all your lovely faces :)

Have a wonderful Thursday!!

9 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

Being born and raised in Florida, I can honestly say I was a water baby.. still am. My pool at my apt complex keeps my sane and the lake is an hour away so I find myself there all the time.

Enjoy your long work break!

Unknown said...

I live for the water, and it's crazy that after all these years of living in florida, i've never done this before. I'm missing out!

Sammantha B. said...

So jealous! I'm a MN girl through and through, but ocean beaches are just so freaking beautiful. (But let's be honest for a hot minute: I consider Lake Superior an ocean.)

Love you!

Jordan said...

I've lived an hour away from the beach my entire life.... but your beach makes our beach look like a cesspool. I am a total beach girl but if you can't see your toes in the water you're standing in, no thanks! I would kill to live where you do! Enjoy your time off!

Kerrie Williams said...

I'm so excited to see your vlog tomorrow! :)

Rebecca @ Frugal Fashion Mommy said...

I've been a Northern Cali girl my whole life and hella is definitely a part of my vocab. I remember going to visit some friends in LA years ago and saying it and they looked at me like I was insane! Haha, gotta love it.

Caitlin said...

One of my bucket item lists is to go jet-skiing! It looks like a blast and I'm jealous you live so close to the beach!!

Jamie said...

Hella?!? Gasp. Yuck. ;)

Rach said...

Aww, the beach is my fav too! We live 8 hours away from the nearest one and yet we've been there 6 weekends this year. These are the important things in life, you know... ;)