Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Friday, May 9, 2014

Hello!

Just popping in to say a quick hello! And more importantly, a Happy Friday!!! {!!!!} 

It's one of those Fridays that most definitely deserves 7 exclamation points. 

All week long I've been wanting to sit down and write about last Friday night. {Cue the Katy Perry music}. But each night, I wind up getting into bed way later than expected, and telling myself that I need to get some sleep. That seems to be a theme these past few weeks months, 

sleeping >> blogging. 

And it's okay. I wrestled with it for a while, but I finally came to terms with the fact that God is doing something different this year. I don't think it's a coincidence that my blogging took a major decrease in consistency when I got back from Africa

Cause you see, the mission didn't stop after Africa. I didn't leave it there, I found it there. Something clicked in my heart as I walked onto that mission field, and I took that field right back home to Santa Barbara with me. 

I'm different. Life is different. Priorities are different. And I struggled admitting that at first, because my heart sooo badly wanted to come to this little spot on the interwebs 4-5 times a week just like it used to. 

But it hasn't, and that's okay. 

I'm hoping that changes soon. I'm hoping to start being more protective over my writing time, because I love that Sweet Home Santa Barbara is a way to document the crazy, amazing things that He does in my life. I love that this little blog has turned into a direct representation of how He has dramatically changed my heart in the last couple years. I hope to start writing more, because He's still dramatically changing my heart. Every single day. 

But if I don't, that's okay. I trust that God has purpose in this season, even if it means taking some time away from this spot that I love so much. Thank goodness for Instagram so I can keep up on all of your lives!

For the record though, I'm determined that next week, I really will blog about that time I met Francis Chan last weekend. 


Who wants to hold me accountable?

2 comments:

Leah said...

i certainly do because i want to hear all about it! i love what the Lord does through his speaking and writing. glad to be able to keep up with you on instagram too!

Kerrie Williams said...

So fun! I definitely want to hear all about Francis Chan! One of my favorite writers and speakers for sure!