Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Verse for Thought

I want to start a new segment on the blog called Verse for Thought. I want to do this for a few reasons. One is that I would love to hear what verses are speaking to you in your life. 

I'll be honest with you, I have not always been devoted to my faith. I'm sure I'll share my testimony at some point on the blog, but for now I'll just say that 2012 has been a truly pivotal year for me. 

I've experienced the life changing love of Jesus in a way that I had never experienced it before. I've fallen in love with this book called the Bible, and I wouldn't be accurately depicting my life on this little lifestyle blog here if I didn't include what I'm learning. 

I feel a difference when I go even just a day without reading the Word. It truly transforms my days, I need it. So to help hold me accountable, and to help me share the verses that speak to me in my life, I'm starting Verse for Thought. I would just love it if you chimed in with some ways God is impacting your life, too. 

Today's verse is one that I read a few weeks ago, and I've been meaning to do a post on it ever since. It truly spoke to me, and I can't seem to get it out of my mind. 

For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, 
and by Him God reconciled everything to himself. 
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of His blood on the cross. 
This includes you who were once so far away from God. 
You were His enemies, separated from Him by your evil thoughts and actions,
yet now He has brought you back as His friends. 
He has done this through His death on the cross in His human body.
As a result, He has brought you into the very presence of God, and 
you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault.
But you must continue to believe this truth and stand in it firmly. 
Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. 
Colossians 1:19-23

When I read this, it was seriously a woah hold up moment. 

God sees me as holy. 

He sees me as blameless. 

Without a single fault. 

And my one job is to believe it. And to stand firmly in it. Own it. 

How easily I forget that. Forget that Christ died so that I could reap these benefits. So that my sin is no longer counted against me, and I am free to be seen as pure again. 

How easily I forget to stand grounded in that truth. 

So today, I want to tell you that you are holy. 

You are blameless. 

Without a single fault. 

When is the last time someone told you that you were flawless? Because in God's eyes, 

you are

3 comments:

Elissa said...

This is such a great blog segment I love it! I might have to piggyback off you with this idea!

That scripture is such a great one but sometimes can be hard to remember that with the fact that we are all sinners. But when we live in Christ, he forgives our sins and then we are able to stand before him holy and blameless!

Rach said...

Love that you are doing this, girl! It is so cool to see how you have grown and stretched in your faith even in just the short time I've known you! Really am glad you are sharing your faith and where you are with others! Such a blessing! And girl, I'd love to hear your testimony sometime! :D

Kerrie Williams said...

What a beautiful reminder!