Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

That time I went to Catalyst

Last week, I had the amazing opportunity to go to the Catalyst West Coast Conference down in Orange County. The fact that I was even there was just such a God thing; I had been planning on going to Hope Spoken {which I hope to go to in the future!}, until just a matter of months before plans were switched around. 

I can't even begin to dive into everything I felt / learned / experienced / enjoyed at this conference. There was just so much good stuff. I was blessed by speaker after speaker just laying down the Word of God, and there's nothing quite like worshiping in a room full of 3,000+ people. 


Since I have yet to digest even just day 1 fully {and it's almost a week later}, today I give you some of the messages and moments that spoke to me the most. Along with lots and lots of pictures.


"God calls us to have a voice not for a million things, but a few things that are very important." - Dr. Henry Cloud


"When we live outside our comfort zone, that's when we'll actually need the Comforter." - Bob Goff


"Instead of seeking to be known, seek to know and bless others." - Lysa Terkeurst

Getting to meet the incredible couple behind Hope Heals


"Great leaders would never sacrifice people to save the numbers, they would sacrifice the numbers to save the people." - Simon Sinek

Praying over Phil Wickham. {Hands down one of the most powerful moments.}



"Stop worshiping achievement, and worship the Lord. Jesus didn't die for my works; He died for my righteousness." - Francis Chan

"If I am vertically reconciled to God, I must be horizontally reconciled to others." - Bryan Loritts


"A career is something you are paid to do. A calling is something you are made to do." - Robert Madu

The pleasant surprise of Shauna Niequist speaking. 
{Bittersweet wrecked me in the best possible way.}


I have no words for Christine Caine's message. I literally did not take a single note. By this point in the conference, all I could do was nod with a passionate heart and a fired up "Amen!"

Amazing, ya'll. Just amazing. I feel so blessed to have been able to experience this with the amazing church family that I'm so thankful to call my own. 


Happy humpday, loves!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Just this post alone was so much to process, so I can't imagine actually being there! So glad you got to be blessed with such an amazing conference. And I totally hope to see you at Hope Spoken some day when I finally get to go too :)

erin m. said...

Seeing those names of speakers - i KNOW you heard some amazing talks! I love what you said about Chris Caine - she is SUCH a great speaker. So inspiring! Glad you got to go and enjoy Catalyst, I was at work wishing I could've gone too!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Seriously the most amazing conference!

Kerrie Williams said...

ahhh such amazing speakers!!

Lovelyladyjb said...

So jealous! I am planning on going to a Joyce Meyers conference in September. But I want to find one for this summer! So cool, I am glad you shared :)