Sweet Home Santa Barbara

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Little Late...

What I'm Thankful For:


Better late than never, right? I figure I'm 22 years old, so I'll list 22 things that I'm thankful for this holiday season (+maybe a few pics). 


1. Mom and Dad: I can definitely say that I would not be where I am today without the help and support of my parents. I don't know how they do it all, but I'm so thankful that they do.


2. My Brother and Sister: The best brother and sister that I can ask for. I love that I can come home and act like a kid again.


3. My amazing Grandma: She is the strongest, smartest and kindest woman that I know. She has always believed in me, and is always encouraging me to be the best that I can be. 


4. My Aunts, Uncles and Cousins: I am so incredibly thankful for my extended family. I love the times that we all get together, and I'm so glad that I live close enough to see them often.




5. My amazing friends: I am SO thankful for all of these people. From my best friends in Santa Barbara that I get to see every day, to those that I don't see as often as I'd like. Thank you all for always being there for me, I don't know what I'd do without you. 








6. The Designated Drivers: For turning "that place I went to college" into home.


7. The Boyfriend: For being awesome, and dealing with me when I'm annoying.




(Side Note: No more cheesy stuff. Promise.)

8. Our house. It's termite free. Aka the best house EVER.


9. My job. The company. My amazing coworkers. All that good stuff.


10. Wine.


11. Cheese.


12. My Cooking Light cook book. I couldn't cook without it. And it hasn't failed me so far. (Except for that one mashed potatoes incident that was more me than the cook book, but we don't talk about that.)


13. My dogs. Both my two pups at home and Carly's dog Scooby.


14. My car, Ginny. 


15. The gorgeous Santa Barbara weather. Oh and the fact that the two places that I call home are Santa Barbara and San Diego. Really thankful for that.


16. Movie theaters. I absolutely love going to the movies. Hence why I collect my movie tickets.


17. PTO, or Paid Time Off. It's amazing. I can take a day off, and still get paid? What?


18. On that note, Paid Holidays. Getting paid to spend time with the fam? Pretty awesome.


19. Weekends. They are amazing. Even if I do nothing all day (which let's be real, I usually do.)


20. The gorgeous view of the coast that I get to see on my drive between Santa Barbara and San Diego. 


21. Christmas lights. And the fact that I now live in a neighborhood where I can appreciate them.


22. The fact that God has blessed me so much with so many amazing things to be thankful for. 


I am one lucky girl. Happy Belated Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: